As usual, ran out of ideas what to have for dinner, so made this sushi balls in under an hour .. hehe. This is a lazy method where I chopped all the ingredients and mix it with the rice and shaped them into balls and they are ready to be eaten !!
Here, I use the short cut method for the sushi rice.
2 cups calrose rice, soaked for 30 mins
5 tbsp vinegar
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
Japanese cucumber, chopped
Egg omelette, chopped
Some sushi rice toppings
Toasted black sesame
1. Add vinegar, sugar and salt into the soaked rice with the water and cooked
2. Once cook, use a plastic or wooden spatula and fluff the rice with the fan blowing (this is to make it shiny)
3. Add the chopped ingredients and mix them till well incorporated
4. Wet your hands and take a handful of the mixed rice and roll them into balls
5. Sprinkle with toasted black sesame
6. Serve with wasabi, sushi soya sauce and pickled ginger