This is a very delicious cake and a good way to use up your egg whites. This recipe is from Rose's Heavenly Cake book and just to add, I simply love the recipes from this book. Do get a copy for yourself :) For the ganache, I use the recipe of Planet Cake which I had some left from a mud cake that I baked earlier.
Ingredients: 90gm egg white
200gm cake flour/all purpose flour
185gm superfine sugar (original is 200gm)
2 1/4 plus 1/8 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
113gm unsalted butter
1. In a small bowl, whisk the egg whites, 3 T of the milk and the vanilla just until lightly combined
2. Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt on low speed for 30seconds
3. Add the butter and the remaining milk and mix on low speed until the dry ingredients are moistened
4. Raise the speed to medium and beat for 1.5 minutes
5. Starting on medium low speed, gradually add the egg mixture in two parts, beating on medium speed for 30 seconds after each addition to incorporate the ingredients
6. Scoop batter into cupcake liners and bake for 20 to 25minutes or until cake tester inserted in the centre comes out clean at 175C.
200gm dark chocolate, chopped
1. Heat cream till you see bubbles at the side of the pot and turn off the fire
2. Add chopped chocolate and using a spatula, stir till the chocolate is melted
3. Let it set overnight before using
Happy trying !