This is one of my kids favourite dish, easy soya chicken. I cook this dish almost every week. Very easy to prepare and cook and extremely kid friendly.
The recipe is based on estimates. Adjust the sauce to your liking. If you don't want it sweet, use regular black soya. I prefer kicap manis.
Some like to add cornflour to thicken the sauce but i like mine without. You can add if you like.
What you need:
1 whole chicken (about 1.2kg cut into pieces)
1.5 tablespoon ginger+garlic paste
1 large carrots, cut into bite size
2 medium potatoes, cut into bite size
2 large onions, cut into rings
1 small can button mushrooms
3 tablespoons light soya sauce, adjust accordingly
6 tablespoons kicap manis, adjust accordingly
What you do:
1. Fry garlic ginger paste in oil till fragrant, add 1/4 cup of water to prevent it from burning and add chicken pieces
2. Stir the chicken till they turn opaque then add the soya sauces, continue to stir and add another 1/4 cup water to cover the chicken pieces
3. Let it simmer for about 5 minutes then add the carrots,potatoes and mushroom
4. Adjust the water and soya sauce to taste
5. Cover the pot and continue to let it simmer till the potatoes and carrots are tender
6. Add the onions and continue to cook under medium heat till the onions turns soft and translucent
7. Add pepper to taste
8. Turn heat off and serve it hot with rice