My plan was to have sandwiches for dinner earlier but my tummy was calling out for something spicy. While flipping through a magazine, suddenly I remembered that I have a can of corned beef and frozen instant prata in the freezer. With mixed vege and potato, I made this in under an hour 8-D
I am particular about the corned beef brand and buy only any one of these 3 brands: Libby's, Hormel or Carters. They are a little pricey but good.
This recipe has ketchup/paste that you can omit if you prefer something very spicy. You can also add sliced chilli for extra kick.
Nb: This following recipe is a very basic recipe. You can add more ingredients like fresh coriander leaves, chopped fresh tomatoes, cloves, cardamon and cinnamon to make it more fragrant and savoury.
1 can corned beef, mashed
thumb size ginger
3-4 cloves garlic
1 heap tbsp meat curry powder, mixed with a little water to become a paste
1 medium potato, cubed
some mixed vege
3-5 tsp lemon juice
1-2 tbsp tomato ketchup/paste (optional)
2 tbsp oil
1. Blend shallots, garlic and ginger into paste and pour into the mashed corned beef and mixed them well, put aside
2. Heat oil in the pan and once hot, pour meat mixture and stir fry till fragrant
3. Add potatoes and let it simmer for about 10 mins then add mixed vege
4. Add curry paste and continue mixing followed by tomato ketchup
5. Stir the mixture then add lemon juice and let it simmer till the potatoes are cooked
6. For more gravy, add a little bit of water and continue simmer till it has the consistency that you like
7. Serve hot with chapati, prata or flat bread