I was in the mood to bake a durian dessert so started with durian puffs. Not difficult to make though. The best is to prepare the cream earlier and chill it before filling the puff shells.
This recipe was shared by one online friend but I changed the filling recipe by adding more durians, reducing the whipped cream and up the honey. It was truly durianlicious *wink*
Durian pulp from 12 pcs of durian
2 tbsp milk
2-3 tsp honey
200ml whipping cream
1. Beat cream till soft peaked, put aside
2. Add durian meat, milk and honey into another bowl and mix till smooth using a wooden spoon
3.Combine cream and durian mixture together till well blended and put in fridge till ready to fill the puffs
Cream Puff Pastry
1 cup water
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup all purpose flour
1. Place water, butter and salt into saucepan and bring to boil till butter melts
2. With the heat still on, add flour and stir vigourously till mixture becomes ball like and doesn't stick to pan
3. Bring heat to low and when you hear a hissing sound, you know the dough is ready.
4. Set it aside into a mixing bowl to cool for about 5-10 mins.
5. Using a wooden spoon, add eggs one at a time into the mixing bowl with your dough and blend for at least one minute or until smooth
6. Continue doing this till all eggs are fully incorporated
7. Put the mixture into a piping bag or ziplog bag, snip a small hole at one corner and pipe swirls onto a non-stick tray or tray with baking paper (you can use a spoon to scoop too)
8. Bake for 20 mins at 220 degree celsius till golden brown
9. Cool on rack
10.Once cooled, fill puffs with durian filling and serve