I have tried numerous sweet bun dough recipe I got from the internet and this is one of the better ones that I have tried in terms of taste and softness (overnight). Looks like the trick is the amount of butter used. I have tried a similar recipe which is about the same only that it uses half cream cheese and it is as good too.
This time, I made pinwheel pizza bread. The filling is a regular pizza filling with pizza sauce, sausages, cheese and herbs.
I have to thank Lynna and also the original contributor of this recipe (Roshayati Johari). I halved this recipe and made some slight mod to the liquid.
250g bread flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
15g milk powder
2 tsp instant dry yeast
100-120ml water (add 100ml first than slowly add if dough is too dry)
27g egg (if using cream cheese, omit the egg)
20g butter 20g shortening/cream cheese
1. Mix well all ingredients in (A)
2. Add (B) into (A) and knead till smooth
3. Add (C) and continue kneading till smooth and shiny and dough does not stick to your hand. 4. Leave to prove for 60 minutes or double in volume
5. Punch down the dough lightly to let the air out
6. Divide the dough according to the weight you wish, shape into balls and leave to rest for 10 minutes
7. Shape accordingly and leave to prove for 40 minutes - 1 hour
8. Brush with egg wash
9. Bake till golden brown
10.Once taken out of the oven, brush with egg wash again for extra shine
** I have tried combination of butter+shortening and butter+cream cheese. Both yield similar softness but cream cheese give more flavour.
For those using breadmachine, put all the ingredients according to the manufacturer's instruction and select the dough cycle. Leave the dough to further proof for about 45min after the end of the dough cycle.