I have not been baking for a while, so to get the mood back, I chose to do this simple chocolate cake using yogurt which I have some left in the fridge. This recipe uses the melt & mix method which is fuss free - something that I like and the result was very satisfying, soft and moist. You can see from the 2nd photo.
The original recipe is taken off the book 'Best Ever Chocolate Cakes & Slices' by Periplus. I modified a little bit replacing some of the yogurt with milk.
1 1/2 C self-raising flour
1/2 C cocoa powder
1 C caster sugar
200g butter, melted
120g plain yogurt
1. Preheat oven to 180C
2. Melt butter over the stove or microwave and leave it to cool
3. Sift self-raising flour, cocoa powder and caster sugar into a big bowl and make a hole in the centre
4. Mix eggs, yogurt, milk and melted butter together
5. Pour mixture into dry ingredients and mix it with mixer for about 1min till all the ingredients are well mixed (do not overbeat)
6. Pour into a greased and lined baking tin or cupcake/muffin liners
7. Bake for 30-50mins or until skewer comes out clean when inserted in centre of cake
8. Stand cake in baking tin for about 10mins before turning onto wire rack to cool