My family just love pasta apart from pizza. Recently, I took the opportunity to use my new Le Creuset dutch oven which I purchased recently with this simple baked pasta. Like many of my other dinner, I 'cheat' using ready made sauces.
I got abit tired of just using the traditional sauce. So I decided to make it abit like lasagna but using pasta instead.
Here I used 2 kinds of sauces. One is the traditional spaghetti sauce (I used prego) and the other is actually cream soup but I added cheese to it.
The 2 main ingredients, but I used mushroom campbell's soup. It is the kind in sachets.
The following is how I did it but you can vary it by using bolognaise sauce and replace the pasta with lasagna.
1 package pasta of your choice (375g), boil till al-dente
1 large bottle pasta sauce of your choice
1 sachet campbell mushroom soup
1 Cup of water for the soup
3 slices cheddar cheese
mix of shredded mozarella and cheddar cheese
1. Heat 1 cup of water in a pot and add soup, stir to blend the powder
2. Add cheese slices and stir till they melt, put aside
3. Pour cooked pasta into a casserole dish and our 3/4 of the pasta sauce and mix it till all the pasta are covered with the sauce
4. Pour the cheese sauce over the pasta and followed by the balance pasta sauce
5. Sprinkle shredded cheese generously covering the pasta
6. Bake in a preheated oven 190C for 30-40mins or till the top turns golden brown
7. Sprinkle with herbs if you want and serve it hot