It's been a while since I update this blog. Have been busy with stuffs but could not find the time to upload things that I have done over the past months. Today, I will be sharing a simple cake which was introduced by a friend. It uses orange, the whole orange minus the white bids and blend all the ingredients in. Pretty straight forward and simple.
The original recipe is taken from here but I made some changes to the ingredients and used my food processor for this cake.
1 medium size orange, cut into pieces and remove the seeds and the white pith as much as possible but keep the rind intact
3/4 - 1 cup of sugar
1 cup oil
3 large eggs
2 cups self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
some chocolate chips
1. Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl and set aside
2. Blend together orange till almost into paste, add the sugar, oil and eggs continue blending till double in volume
3. Pour the mixture into a bowl and add the flour and mix it well or you can pour the flour into the blender and pulse it till it's mixed well
4. Pour batter into greased 8inch pan and sprinkle chocolate chips
5. Bake in a preheated oven, 160 celcius for 30-40 minutes or till skewer comes out clean and not sticky