One of those weekends when you do not know what to prepare for lunch. Then the hubby requested for a burger after he saw a photo of the juicy lucy burger done by his cousin. So since I am in the mood to be busy, I made this for lunch. Mince the meat using my grinder and baked the burger buns - everything from scratch .. well almost everything :)
You know I always go for easy recipe and this is easy. Very minimal seasoning required.
This is how we had it, with potatoes and sweet potato chips.
Here is the link to the recipe I used for the patty.
What you need:
1 kg ground beef, chilled
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp garlic powder
150g a mix of cheddar and mozarella cheese cut into 1cm cubes
ground black pepper
What you do:
1. Place beef, Worcestershire sauce, garlic salt, and pepper in a bowl; mix well, portion into eight (size of lemon)
2. Flatten the the beef and stuffed the cheese into the patty
3. Preheat a cast-iron skillet or heavy-bottomed pan to medium heat
4. Cook burgers over heat 3 to 4 minutes on first side (Burger may puff up due to steam from melting cheese. This is normal. Do not be alarmed)
5. Flip, and using toothpick, prick top of burger to allow for steam escape. Allow burger to cook 3 to 4 minutes on this side.
6. Remove patties from pan or grill, place them on the burger bun, add some condiments on, and ready to be eaten