Sunday, January 22, 2006

Banana Fritters (Pisang Goreng)

This is best eaten when it is hot. Must thank curryman from M4M for sharing this batter recipe. Best is to use pisang raja .. yums

The texture of this batter is light and crispy, very much like tempura.


pisang_goreng


Ingredients
100g bread flour
50g rice flour
1 egg yolk
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp ammonia
1 - 1 1/2 cup water
bananas/sweet potato/tapioca
oil for frying

Method
1. Whisk all the above till batter is custardly consistency and set aside for 30mins
2. Dip bananas/sweet potato/tapioca into batter and deep fry in hot oil till golden brown
3. Serve warm with sambal belachan

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Been so long since I had pisang goreng, perhaps I should make this too *lol*..sure lots of food-to-make list for me, eh? :D

Anonymous said...

ammonia in banana fritter batter ???

Pls explain?? I thought ammonia was a poison.

I love ur recipes and hope to try them out.

Pls email me linda.forsdick@clear.net.nz with regard to ammonia.

Thanks

Anonymous said...

ah ha! I have researched "ammonia" I now realise this is meant to be ammonium bicarbonate. The equivalent here in New Zealand would be Baking Powder. I do hope no-one uses "ammonia" which is a very poisoness liquid which can be used as a cleaneing agent.

Happy cooking!

Unknown said...

hi ZU,

i was gonna make sweet rice flour sweets called
pinindot, roll the dough in little balls and then
boil it in water with tapioca pearls then add
coconut milk and sugar , bananas ,sweet
potato but did not have time so i'll try this tommorow
and bring to work.

this looks really great,
mareza

Zurynee said...

Sounds very yummy mareza :-)

Zu