Friday, December 11, 2009

Easy steamed cod fish fillet

I love oily fish and cod is one of them. They are not the cheapest fish around but it is sometimes a treat to have them for our meals. I usually buy the frozen ones and normally will either steam or make fish porridge with it. This time round I got a pack of quite huge fillets and it is just a waste to chop them up *LOL* so inspired by a dish I had during lunch at work, I made something simple which tasted just right for me.





Ingredients
2 palm size cod fillet
1 fresh chilli, removed seeds and julienned
2 thin slices of ginger
2 stalks chinese celery
pepper to marinate the fillet
1T fried garlic+garlic oil

Sauce (add more or less to suit your taste)
2T fish sauce
1T light soya sauce
5T water
1T concentrated mushroom stock (I used Woh Hup brand)

Method
1. Mix the sauce ingredients and put aside
2. Marinate the fillet with pepper and let it sit for 30mins or so
3. Prepare a casserole dish and place the fillets into ti
4. Put the ginger slice and chilli on the fish and pour the sauce over, make sure you cover the fillet well with the sauce
5. Cover the dish with either cling wrap or the dish cover
6. Steam in the microwave oven for 3-5 min or until you can flake the fish (I used my steam function with sensor)
7. Once it's cooked, sprinkle fried garlic with oil on the fish and chinese celery and let it sit for 2-3 minutes before serving

Enjoy !


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love cod fish. I like it simple and steamed too :) I shall try this for the sauce next time.