Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Bubor Lambok

This is an easy dish, quite kids friendly provided you don't add too much pepper. I used the slow cooker to make this and it took about 2-3 hrs to get that thick consistency. You can also cook this over the stove if you don't have a slow cooker. To me, using the slow cooker gives a nicer texture to the porridge and hassle free too as I don't have to worry about burning it *chuckle*



bubur_lambok



The garnishes is really up to you want to add. For me, I just had it with crispy ikan bilis, groundnuts, slices of omelette and prawns with a sprinkle of parsley and fried shallots.

My mom's version uses mince meat, but for mine, I used dried shrimps and dried scallops.


Ingredients
1 cup Thai rice, washed
4-5 cups water
7 cloves garlic
1 onion
1 thumbsize ginger
2 tbsp dried shrimp
2 tbsp dried scallops
2/3 cup coconut milk
pepper
salt

Garnishes
Fried ikan bilis, groundnuts, sliced omelette and cooked prawns


Method
1. Blend garlic, ginger and onion into paste
2. Add rice, water, dried shrimp, dried scallop and blended paste into the slow cooker
3. Stir mixture and turn knob to high
4. Stir porridge every 1 hr and add water if it's too dry
5. Once porridge is thick, add salt & pepper to taste
6. Add coconut milk into porridge and stir till it's well blended and let it cook further for 30-1hr 7. Serve with garnishes

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yummy!!!!!!!

esahkek said...

Hi Zurynee!

I love your blog, which I stumbled upon while visiting Jas's Kitchen. I'll definitely link you (is that okay?)