Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Easy Mocha Cake

I got this recipe from the internet but could not remember where. I was looking for an easy cake recipe to make and this particular one caught my eye. The original recipe was a cappucino cake but I changed it to mocha, replacing part of the coffee with cocoa. The cake turned out well and my daughters love it.



mocha_cake



Ingredients
1 sponge cake (you can buy or bake)
250ml condensed milk
250ml water
2 tbsp instant coffee
1 tbsp cocoa powder
2 tbsp gelatine

Method
1. Let gelatine bloom in water for about 10mins
2. Heat up gelatine+water mixture and once gelatine dissolves, add instant coffee and cocoa powder. Stir well till dissolved and no lumps
3. Turn heat off, add condensed milk and stir till well blended
4. Place sponge cake in a baking tin, pour mixture into baking tin
5. Chill in the fridge till set
6. Take the set cake out of the baking tin and frost it with whipping cream or buttercream if you like with chocolate flakes


Note: Use baking tin and NOT a cake ring

If you want to make a cappunico cake, replace the cocoa powder with instant coffee.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Zu,

I wonder is it okay with you that I add your blog to my favorites blogster??
I guess it better to get permission from you guys first before adding. May I? Thanks!!

Zurynee said...

hi jaschin, sure not a problem :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks Zurynee! thanks for sharing ^^

Anonymous said...

ZU! I Love your Blog!!!!Very Very much! Very need and lotsa Goodies that you've shared! I'm obsessed with this site of yours now~~ haha!

Keep it up!

Candy_Floss84