I would like to apologize for not updating this blog for awhile. I had a pretty hectic schedule lately and could not find the time to update this blog. I have not been cooking nor baking lately but managed to make my very first snowskin mooncake. The recipe is not difficult and bought almost all of the items from the store.
I always like eating snowskin mooncake and decided to make my own after I found an easy recipe shared by one of the member at M4M. I modified it slightly by reducing the sugar and added condensed milk to give it a creamier taste.
The cross-section of the mooncake.
I halved the original recipe and able to get about 11 mini mooncakes.
75g glutinous fried rice flour (kou fein), can get it any baking supply stores
90g powdered sugar
75g cold drinking water
1/2 tsp condensed milk
Vanilla essence or other flavours that you fancy
Colorings of you choice
Lotus paste, can be bought from baking supply store
Salted egg yolks, steamed on an oil plate for about 5-10min
1. Sieve flour and powdered sugar
2. Add shortening and mix them till you get crumb like texture
3. Add water, condensed milk, essence and colouring, mix well until it forms a smooth dough
4. Set dough aside for at least 20mins
5. Make the fillings into ball shapes each 30g (inclusive of yolk if you using one)
6. Divide dough into small portion each 20g
7. Flatten dough to wrap up the fillings
8. Seal up dough to enclose filling completely
9. Press into mould and knock the mould to loosen the mooncake
Note: Ensure that you roll the dough with fried glutinous rice and sprinkle some of it in the mould to ease releasing the mooncake.