This is one of my daughters favourite dish and made it for dinner a few weeks ago. This is a simple dish and I highly recommend purchasing a millet to flatten the meat a little bit. I don't have a millet and my chicken was a thick piece of meat. Nevertheless, we enjoyed it.
For this dish, I used a deboned thigh meat but you can use breast meat if you like.
2 deboned chicken thigh meat,
freshly ground black pepper
salt to taste
2-3 Tbsp worchestershire sauce
extra virgin olive oil /olive oil
half medium onion, chopped/thinly sliced
2-3 tbsp water
1 tsp flour
sliced mushroom (optional)
1. Marinate chicken meat with pepper, salt and worchestershire sauce for about 1hr or overnite 2. Heat up EVO in a pan and grill the chicken pieces till cooked. Start with the skin side down first
3. Remove chicken pieces and put it aside
4. Add chopped/sliced onion and cook till they turn transparent
5. Add water one tablespoon at a time and stir the mixture
6. Add mushrooms if you are using it and simmer
7. Add abt 1tsp of water into the flour and mix it well
8. Pour flour mixture into the pan to thicken the sauce
9. Add salt and pepper to taste if you like
10.Arrange chicken piece on a plate and pour some of the sauce/gravy over the chicken
11.Serve with potatoes and salad
Note: You can add other herbs or spices to suit your taste.