Friday, July 15, 2005

Easy Peasy Cheese Toast & Cheesy Potato Bake

I was a little lazy yesterday and didn't want to have rice for dinner. I remembered that I still have some potatoes to clear, made this for dinner with salad at the side.


potato_ham2

I used Ratna's recipe for the cheesy potato bake. You can get it here. Mine didn't look very brown because I didn't bake it long enough and I didn't have chives, so subsitute with spring onions instead.

cheese_toast

For this, I had some leftover bread expiring soon so might as well do a cheese toast to eat it with the potato. Very simple to do, you can even get your kid to help you.

Ingredients
4 slices bread
butter/magarine
shredded cheese
parsley flake

Method
1. Spread butter/margarine on the bread
2. Sprinkle shredded cheese and topped with parsley flakes
3. Toast it in the oven toaste for about 4-5 minutes or till the top browns
4. Serve immediately

1 comment:

Xo Xo...Sweet Success! said...

Nice recipe, try putting some sauce on the bread before toasting. Usually plain tomato sauce instead of butter/marg is nice. The butter is like extra fats on top of the cheese itself.

We always have had cheese on toast since we were kids so we have made so many variations of it.

But yummy anyways!