I was reminded of my tub of yoghurt and a small box of whipping cream in my fridge by Gina (KC) after she made her yoghurt ice-cream. A good idea to clear them and at the same time free some fridge space, I made this in the morning using my ice-cream maker.
I sort of cheated using strawbery paste instead of fresh strawberry puree but added some chopped strawberries into the yoghurt ice-cream. The ice-cream came out perfect for me. I like it a little sourish, so I added more yoghurt.
450gm plain yoghurt (less if you don't want it to be too sour)
200gm whipping cream/pure cream
1/4 to 1/2 cup powdered sugar (more if you like sweet)
4 strawberries, chopped
1 tsp lemon juice, added to the chopped strawberries
1 - 1 1/2 tsp strawberry paste/emulco*
pinch of salt
*you can use fresh strawberries puree. Take about 4-6 strawberries and blend it into puree and add some lemon juice to it
Using ice-cream maker
1. Mix yoghurt, cream, sugar, salt and strawberry paste/puree and blend till well mix. Keep them in the fridge to chill it.
2. Assemble the ice-cream maker, pour the chilled mixture into ice-cream maker and follow the instruction of the manufacturer.
1. Whisk yoghurt, cream, sugar, salt in a chilled bowl for about 1 min
2. Add strawberry paste/puree and continue mixing till well blended
3. Pour into a container and store it in the freezer till set.