I was thinking of having springroll for dinner and was cracking my brains on the filling. Since I will be making it ad-hoc I need to prepare something that is easy and most importantly nice. So came out with this using off-the-shelf seasoned canned tuna and diced potato. Extremely versatile, no-fuss, no mess recipe.
(Makes about 12 small springrolls)
1 can chilli tuna or any flavour that you like (Ayam Brand)
1 russet potato, cooked and diced
chopped spring onions
popiah skin (small packet)
oil for frying
1. Wash and pat dry potato (with skin) and make some holes with a fork. Wrap with paper kitchen towel and cook it in the microwave at high for about 5-8 minutes. Use a satay stick to check doneness
2. When cooked potato is cooled enough to handle, remove skin and dice into small pieces
3. Add diced potatoes into the tuna mixture and mix well
4. Take a teaspoonful and place it at the centre of the popiah skin and fold it. Use the egg wash to seal the popiah
5. Deep fry popiah till golden brown
6. Serve immediatey
You can use any sauce for dipping or even wrap the popiah with salad.