Thursday, April 28, 2005

Tomato-Basil Chicken

I love anything that has tomato and basil. Even for pizza, I can happily eat one with just tomato and basil topping .. simple yet delicious to me :)

I happened to bumped into an easy chicken recipe from one of the food blog that I frequent. The original recipe is actually fried chicken with tomato and basil. I changed it to a gravy version and added potatoes. Very simple and delicious, great to be eaten with rice or pasta.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Ingredients

3-4 pieces chicken thigh/breast (with or without skin)
3-4 tbsp butter
2 medium garlic, minced
1 large onion, minced
1 large potato, remove skin and cut into wedges
1 can (14oz) diced tomatoes
handful of basil, more if you like
salt & pepper
sugar

Method

1. Clean chicken pieces, pat them dry and rub salt and pepper
2. Heat pan and add butter to melt
3. Add chicken pieces and fry them till they turn pink
4. Add minced garlic and onion and fry them till soft
5. Add diced tomato and stir till well blend followed by basil
6. Add salt and a little bit of sugar to taste
7. Lastly add potatoes, stir to make sure that the potato pieces are covered with the gravy
8. Simmer till potatoes are cooked
9. Serve hot with rice or pasta

9 comments:

Aliyah said...

kak zu,

wat is basil in malay? takot nanti gi pasar...

"apek ah...kasi daun basil segenggam. berapa?"

then apek jawab "apa basel? basin kah? lu pigi kedai sana la.. *tunjuk kedai jual baldi* wa sini tatak jual"

*smacks forehead*

TIA for enlightening

Zurynee said...

Aliyah: Basil in malay is daun selasih ;)

Aryna said...

I baru nak tanya, basil tu benda apa.. Maklumlah, kita ni biasa baca resepi melayu je... :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for sharing your recipes. I substitute chicken with Halibut steak and it taste just as great. My dd loves it very much:)

Anonymous said...

Great Blog! I also have a site about Cheddar Cheese Picture
. You can check it out at Cheddar Cheese Picture



Also, as a thank you for visiting my site, I'd like to tell you about a great site that is giving away a FREE DVD Camcorder! Just click the following link and enter your Zipcode to see if the promotion is available in your area!

FREE DVD Camcorder

cinamina said...

i also same like u i lurve cooking wif tomatoes. I have a meditterrean book which i refer to a lot cos they have a lot of tomato-base cooking. (sahm76)

HS said...

basil itu daun selasih

Unknown said...

Basil leaves tu blend dulu ye

Zurynee said...

No need to blend. Just tear or chop to pieces.