4 fish fillet (dory fillets or whatever fillet you fancy)
lemon juice from half lemon
salt to taste
8 tbsp plain flour
3 tbsp glutinous rice flour
1 tbsp rice flour
1 1/2 tsp double action baking powder
1/2 - 1 cup water
Oil for frying
1. Clean and pat dry fish fillets.
2. Marinate the fillets with lemon juice, pepper, salt, pepper and spices for about half an hour.
3. Mix all the flours and baking powder.
4. Slowly add water and whisk till you get a slightly runny batter and leave it aside for 30 minutes.
5. Dip marinated fillets into the batter and deep fry till golden brown.
6. Serve hot with side salad.
The batter will remain soft and slightly crispy even when it is cold.
Saturday, April 16, 2005
Fish N Chips
I had this for dinner yesterday, something simple which both dh and the girls like.