This is one of my favourite simple prawn dish which was inspired by a dish I had during my trip to Xinjiang. The recipe is just an estimation. You may want to add/reduce any of the ingredients to suit your taste.
400g medium grey prawns
1 clove garlic
1 can of lychee drain the juice - use fresh lychees if possible.
3-4 celery sticks sliced thinly
a handful of fresh lily bulb. (You use dried lily bulb but soaked till soft)
1 tsp chicken granules or 1/2 bouillon cube (You can also use about 4 tbsp chicken stock)
salt to taste
1. Blend garlic and shallots till paste
2. Heat oil and fry the garlic/onion paste till fragrant
3. Add prawns, stir till well coated
4. Add lily bulb and chicken stock and stir for 1 minute before adding the sliced celery. Cook for about 1-2 mins.
4. Lastly add the lychees and salt to taste
5. Simmer till prawns are pink and cooked.
6. Serve hot.