Dh is out on reservist and I was totally lost on what to have for lunch. Made this partly inspired by Jamie Oliver's flatbread. I didn't want to use a bread recipe, instead used the chapati recipe with some modification.
It is a very simple recipe, you can use your hand to knead and leave it for about 1-2hrs before rolling them out.
This recipe uses a bit of plain flour to make it soft. You can use 100% atta flour if you like.
1 1/2 cups atta flour
1/2 cup plain flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp olive/vegetable oil (I prefer olive oil)
1 cup warm water
1/2 can chickpea, mashed (I bought SW brand which has already been presoaked)
1/2 tbsp coriander seeds, coarsely grind
1/2 tsp cumin seeds, coursely grind
1. Mix the flours and salt together
2. Add oil and water slowly into the flours and knead till it forms into a dough
3. Add mashed chickpea, coriander and cumin and mix well
4. Rest the dough covered with cling wrap for 1-2hrs
5. Shape the dough into size of a golf ball and roll it out thin
6. Place dough onto the hot girdle or non-stick pan till cook
7. Brush chapati with butter or ghee if you like
8. Serve hot with curry/kheema