Just like the garlic fried rice, this dish was prepared using the left over fish fillets that I made yesterday for the girls. I thought of making sweet & sour dish but decided against it since my eldest doesn't like anything that is spicy.
The sauce used was a recipe by Gina (KitchenCapers) but I just made some modification by adding vegetables. I like my dish to be colourful but unfortunately, I had more green and missing the orange and red.
This is a non-spicy dish. But you can add some fresh chillies for some zing. I will omit the fish part but generally you can use fried fish or fillet.
200ml golden plum sauce
1 1/2 tbsp sugar
1/4 cup water
Green/Red capsicum/bell peppers, cut into bite size
1 small japanese cucumber, cut into bite size
3 ring slices of pineapple, cut into bite size
1 tsp cornstarch mix with a bit of water as thickening agent
1. Heat pan/pot and mix golden plum sauce, sugar and water and stir till well combined
2. Pour mixed sauce into the hot pan/pot
3. Once it is bubbly, add the cut vegetables and let it simmer
4. Add cornstart mixture to thicken the sauce
5. Adjust the sauce by adding more plum sauce, sugar or water accordingly
6. Prepare the fish fillet on a plate
7. Once the vegetables are cooked and sauce thickened, turn heat off and pour sauce over the fish
8. Serve immediately