I was getting a little bit tired eating white rice and decided to cook flavoured rice. With the weather that has been pretty scorching, I made mint rice instead.
The rice was served with roasted sesame chicken and roasted vegetable. The recipes will be added after this.
2 cups basmati rice, washed and drained
1 small yellow onion, chopped or mince
4 cups chicken stock
handful of chopped mint
2 tbsp olive oil (you can use butter/ghee if you want a more flavourful rice)
1. Heat oil in a pot/pan
2. Add chopped/minced onion and stir fry till soft
3. Add rice and stir well. Make sure that the rice grains are well covered with oil and onion
4. Transfer rice to the rice cooker, add chicken stock and let rice cook
5. Once the rice is cook, add chopped mint and stir rice gently making sure that the mint are distributed nicely
6. Leave cooked rice for about 10-15 minutes before serving