This simple chilli dish is supposed to be served over fried fish. Since I only have fish fillet in my freezer, I just made do with it.
1 large fish fillet
1 egg,lightly beaten
Oil for frying
5 fresh chillies, can mix with both green and red for colour
1 clove medium garlic
1 cm ginger
juice from 1 lime
1-2 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1-2 tbsp oil
1. Clean and pat dry fish fillet
2. Coat with cornflour, dip in egg mix and coat with cornflour again and deep fry till golden. Set aside.
1. Heat oil and stir fry all the ingredients till soft and slightly brown
2. Drain the fried ingredients and place them in a food processor or use the pestle and mortar
3. Add sugar and salt and grind them if using the food processor or pound them if using pestle and mortar.
4. Add lime juice into the paste and mix throughly
5. Spoon paste onto the prepared fish
6. Serve hot